I saw on Restless Style Fan Edition on Facebook (good group…check it out!) that it was suggested that maybe Phyllis is really Sheila from the plastic surgery incident in 2007 and that’s why she wants Daisy to move in with her. That would be mindblowing, and not entirely out of the realm of possibility. Some other loose ends on Y & R, and how they could be used…
- The “Death” of Dru: Obviously, they never found Dru’s body so they could have the possibility of bringing her back. Given Victoria Rowell’s very visible crusade for equality on Y & R, I don’t see them bringing her back…and if they recast her, that could be a disaster
- Phyllis running down Paul and murdering two other witnesses to her switching the paternity tests for Daniel: Every time I think that there’s no way to redeem Adam, I think about how Phyllis at one point tried to kill Paul and rendered his Mr. Happy impotent and how she murdered a doctor and a lab tech who could have given away Phyllis’ secrets regarding Daniel’s paternity away. It’s rarely mentioned, and though she’s interacted with Paul numerous times, it’s never come out that it was her that did it.
- Adam’s (“Vic” at the time) sojourn in Sri Lanka: Granted, there’s not much they could do with this one, but few remember that about a year or less before Adam came back to Genoa City as the character we know, Victor went to Sri Lanka to try to find him. The picture of someone hiking in Sri Lanka doesn’t really jive with the Adam character at all.
- Adam’s blindness: Just explain that his sight miraculously returned, but pretending that Adam is semi-blind, but can somehow go to unfamiliar places alone without nary a bump into a wall without an explanation is maddening.
- Richard Hightower’s murder: Going with the scenario from the lead paragraph, what if “Phyllis” was the one who killed Richard Hightower? Or Daisy? It seems that they’ve completely dropped that, but they need to have closure on the incident if they intend on keeping Adam on the show.
- Summer’s Paternity: They can always bring this back up way later, but Nick was the only one who saw Summer’s paternity test results…then he caught amnesia. It’s completely possible that Summer is Jack’s daughter and Nick said it was his to stay with Phyllis, maybe intending to tell Jack later. Once he had the plane crash and lost his memory of the preceding two years, he never regained his memories as much as he accepted his current reality as told to him.
- Little Nate: If Y & R ever wanted to devote resources to developing it’s black characters, Nate could be a good place to start. The only character in history to ever age naturally, Little Nate should be in his early 20s legitimately now and he’s in medical school. Bring him back and make him a centerpiece of a new, stronger Winters clan.
- Brittany and her child: Brittany hasn’t been seen since Bobby Marsino died, but she could add an intriguing element to the Billy/Victoria romance
I know I couldn’t have named them all…what loose ends would you like to see Y & R bring back? Not that I watch that kind of thing….