Hey y’all…Happy New Year!
I had a bit of a hiatus as I was off from work and home with my sons for the past few weeks…I’m just getting back to a sense of “normalcy.” Funny enough, during my time at home with the boys, I really didn’t have time to watch Y &R and blog about it. The situation just kind of shows the absurdity of housewives being the ones who watch soaps. It seems fate is not without sense of irony (c) Morpheus from The Matrix.
At any rate, I could not come back and not write about the death of Skye. It’s the worst fictional death since Samuel L. Jackson got ate by a mickey fickey shark in Deep Blue Sea. It’s bad on two levels….
- There’s lots of ways to die…impaling, electrical shock, gunshot, hanging, even disembowling a la William Wallace. One of the worst had to be my beautiful Skye falling into an active volcano. Here’s what lava can do…it can turn from this into this. It’s a horrible way to go (*Anakin only survived because he had The Force to sustain him).
- From a storyline standpoint, it’s the worst death ever because the Skye character had so much potential and was intriguing. Soaps have done more absurd stuff before, but it’s pretty hard to argue that Skye somehow survived the lava pit. Maybe they’ll pull a Bardwell and bring Laura Stone back as Skye’s long lost twin Ground or Rain or something like that.
In other random thoughts:
- I fear jail. I will never break the law because I’m far too pretty to go to jail…I like taking a shower in private. I’m a picky eater. I HATE being told what to do. Plus I’m claustrophobic. That said, if I had to do jail, I need the Adam Newman treatment. This bama is apparently the only inmate, has unlimited visiting hours, unsupervised visits from his hot (though clearly psychotic) girlfriend to the point where he was kissing her between the bars (I can’t make this stuff up) and lots of privacy.
- I’ve often praised Daniel’s common sense. However, he could have easily avoided his hospitalization and Daisy’s escape by simply lying. Pretend you’re trying to get some of that Sociopathic booty….when she says we can still run away together, just say yeah…and drive her ass to the nearest hospital. There, problem solved.
- The new DA Spencer Walsh….I’m cracking up at his inability to completely hide his Jamaican accent. Maybe I’m just more sensitive to it because my wife is Jamaican, but it’s unmistakable.
- Shout out to Kevin and Chloe finally getting together. I marked out for when they finally kissed.
- Buckdown to Jana. C’mon, son…But then again, she has to believe that Kevin will come back. After all, after she tried to murder Kevin and Colleen, Kevin not only took her back but got a surgery done for her. Still, I’m annoyed by her.
- Is it me or is Nina getting kind of hot?
- Just this once, can Jack finally beat Victor (but without lasting damage to Victor)?
- I’m a sucker for harmony, so I love to see Jill and Lauren as well as Victoria and Abby getting along. Speaking of which, I’ll be back tomorrow with a storyline idea that would involve two enemies getting together.
Not that I watch that kind of thing, but that’s it for now.
The next episode of NTIWTKOT Radio is Sunday January 30, 2011 at 6:30 pm. Go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ntiwtkot/2011/01/30/skye-versus-the-volcano-guess-who-won to check us out. To hear our last episode on demand, go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ntiwtkot!